Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm Back!

As if anybody really missed me...
Anywho, I'm back from my Blog vacation and as you can see, I did a little remodeling around here while you all were gone. I hope you like the new look!
So what's happened since we last talked?
Daylight Savings Time went into effect over the weekend. I was actually awake on Saturday night (Sunday morning?) and saw the clock on my cable box change from 1:59 to 3:00. I suddenly felt robbed of an hour!

Hillary made an impressive comeback (again!) with her wins in Ohio, Texas and Vermont last Tuesday! You Go Gurl! I especially enjoyed her speech Tuesday night in Ohio when she dedicated her win to everyone who has been counted out but refused to give up... Knocked down but kept fighting...This one is for YOU! Right on Sister! right on!

The Church lady (as I like to refer to her as) retired from AT&T on Friday. She was a sweet gal and largely resembled the Mrs. Beasley Doll from the 70's and 80's. She was however a Die-Hard evangelical republican who believed as strongly in the word of Rush Limbaugh as she did the word of God! She was not ashamed or shy to voice her values and beliefs either so it was no surprise that she and I butted heads early and often! I remember once during an election year, she went so far as to put out brochures and flyers on her desk supporting the local candidates who were Pro-Life and Anti- Gay Marriage so rather than complain to our H.R. Manager, I created my own flyers supporting basically the candidates who were opposing her candidates and personally delivered one of them to her!
After that incident (which landed BOTH of us in the HR Managers office) we agreed that there were certain topics that were off limits and we slowly developed a relationship that allowed us to work in harmony without ever bring up
religion and politics again. As our 10 years of working together went on, we eventually formed a friendship and relationship of deep respect and caring for one another. I am proud to have known her (as dingie as she was!) and I wish her nothing but the best.
Farewell Church Lady! There will never be another one like you (Thankfully!)and you will be missed!